“People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. A leader leads and a boss drives.” ...Theodore Roosevelt
A manager is:
- Responsible for getting the work done through others.
- The one who organizes, directs, and oversees the work of others.
- Responsible for developing the full potential of each of their employees.
- The one who applies problem-solving and communications skills to tasks and to team interaction.
- The one who facilitates needed changes.
- The person responsible for getting results through teamwork.
A manager is sensitive to and able to recognize their employee’s:
- Cultural Difference
___I am good at telling employees what is expected and how their performance will be rewarded.
___I know my employees well as individuals, especially when it comes to their needs and motivations.
___I recognize and reward good performance on a regular basis.
___I am fully aware of the resources needed to perform the job and I assure that they are provided.
___I am good at recognizing or eliminating poor performance when it occurs.
___I assure the proper supervisory assistance or training needed to help each individual employee achieve our mutually established objectives.
___ I feel I am good at encouraging personal growth for individual employees.